Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Burger Dividers

I always try to thaw some hamburger, mix it with some onion, salt and pepper, then press it into patties with my burger press, then re-freeze them.  This makes for a really quick meal in the summer, also great for throwing in when we go camping!  However, it seems like if I use wax paper, foil, or saran wrap, it tears if I try to separate them while they are still frozen, or I have to thaw them to get them apart which defeats the purpose.  We put the patties on the grill frozen so getting them apart in one piece is key. I read somewhere that saving the cereal bags (bag inside the box) works great so I decided to give it a try.  I had about 6 saved up so last night I pressed out 40 patties and used the squares cut out of the "bags" to separate the patties. This morning they were frozen solid and came apart PERFECTLY, with little effort and NO tearing or sticking!  :)  I will be hooked on this forever!  SO easy, and FREE! 

PS:  I also made just 4 burgers that I mixed in real bacon bits and shredded cheese, so I will let you know how those are when I grill them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment